1. Greet your partner in English.
2. Introduce yourself.
3. Ask your partner something about him/herself. For example, ” Where are you from (in China)? “
4. Listen to your partner’s response.
5. Tell your partner something about yourself.
For example, “I’m from Spain. I am a university student.”
Suggestion: Call and talk to a partner from China, Vietnam, or any other country.
With a partner, practice giving and responding to information.
1. When your partner tells you something about himself/herself, say “Really?” and ask a related question.
I’m from Nepal.
Really? Is this your first time here?
I live in Cincinnati.
Really? Is that near Cleveland?
I’m an engineer.
Oh really? Which train?